Kalimba is a kind of national musical instrument with national characteristics in Africa. It mainly makes sound by touching the thin pieces of the piano body with the thumb (mainly made of wood, bamboo and metal in modern development).
Kalimba, also known as mbira, is a different and inappropriate name in the continuous dissemination of information.
In fact, there are many real names for this kind of piano, such as: in Kenya it is generally called Kalimba, in Zimbabwe it is called Mbira, the Congolese call it Likembe, it also has the names of Sanza and Thumb Piano and so on.
The cause of noise
So why does such a simple Kalimba instrument have a murmur? Generally speaking, Kalimba has a murmur for no more than the following reasons:
1. Repeated friction between keys and stainless steel pillows leads to incomplete pillows.
2. Kalimba keys (shrapnel) metal fatigue, which directly leads to the weakening of elasticity, which is closely related to the raw materials.
3. A small number of manufacturers have cheap raw materials, and inferior fixed piano frames are used in the production process.
4. When the piano left the factory, some brands of QC did not strictly inspect and debug the piano (quality control problem).
In view of the above reasons, I will teach you two ways to solve the problem.
1. Solve the noise by fine-tuning the key to the left or right, or by trying to move forward and push the key, grinding it into the bridge as it moves.
2. Pad the paper at the combination of the keys and the pillow (this method is only temporary) cut a piece of ordinary office paper or A4 paper into long strips of about 0.3cm x 0.3cm (the thinner the better).
Lift the key up and slide the note between the key and the pillow. Put down the key until it clamps the paper, and then tear off the excess paper.
If the above methods, there is still no way to solve the problem, then it is recommended to buy a set (Kalimba metal shrapnel, pick, keys) to replace it.
The above is the introduction of how to solve the Kalimba murmur. If you want to know more about Kalimba, please feel free to contact us.
Post time: Apr-28-2022